Tennis Doubles Strategy – Quick guide for beginners
The main thing when playing doubles is the selection of a partner. Success in this area is equivalent to masking your primary weaknesses – a good partner is one who will help you overcome your weaknesses. If you serve well, but the poor are receiving serves, select someone who you can help in this matter. You and your partner must match each other not only in terms of tennis skills – is equally important to the psyche. Quarrel on the court is giving the game opponents.
Because it is difficult to perfect cooperation, usually one of the players has a bit more control than the other. It is important, that you were in agreement as to which of you is to play this role. Usually, the player is more dominant at the back the tennis and take decisions. Continuous communication is the key to success in doubles strategy tennis game.
Rules for tennis doubles strategy.
Below are listed selected important rules relating to the strategy and tactics in a doubles tennis game:
1. Hold the ball in play together with your partner
2. Have a game plan:
- Basic strategy and the different tactical ways to resolve the situation
- Prepare an alternative strategy (Plan A-B), and other tactics
3. Utilize the advantages of each player
4. Make use of weaker hit to prevent counterattacks
5. Use the intelligent choice of strokes:
- Analyze the situation
- Play within the limits of your ability and opportunities
6. Fight your way positively
7. Believe in yourself and your partner
8. Fight your way primarily with the ball
9. Try to adopt such a style of play that allows you to use all your advantages and your partner
10. Learn how to combine the power and control during the game. The strength of rival shortens time to react and is essential to winning balls ending.
More useful tips for players with a partner
- When you serve to set up a step to the side towards the lateral line. In comparison with the position of the single. At least one step because if you prefer to position directly adjacent to the lateral line of the singles final will also be good. The goal is one: to prepare for a powerful hit, leaving the other half for your the tennis partner.
- Communicate with your partner during the exchange. You Scream “My! … Yours!“, In situations where you might doubts who is to play the ball.
Style game in tennis doubles strategy
Definition and types of style of play:
In tennis, players have a tendency to take style of play based on their particular abilities of technical, physical, tactical and psychological. At a young age is noted as the impact of idols playing style preferred by the player. Below are the main styles of play as well as their characteristics: See too history of tennis strategy
- Players playing at the net these players are very well controlled combinations of two strokes (service and volley and hit the attacker and volley), and quickly move forward. They are characterized by a high percentage of first serve accuracy. They are trying to push your enemies by forcing them to defend. They tend to be more effective on surfaces fast than slow.
- Counter these are usually players playing defensively from the depths of the tennis responds to the actions of the enemy. As a rule, allow the enemy to dictate the terms of the game. These players usually play a bit further behind the baseline than aggressive players. They have regular blows from the depths of the tennis you play high and deep. They are usually very good condition and strong psychically. More effective are free surfaces than on fast. They adapt your game to the opponent and the the tennis surface.
More tennis doubles strategy you find here – Best Doubles Strategy for Begginers